Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Filming day!!


                                            Filming Day!!
   
     Hey everyone! So yesterday we filmed in our desired location! It took a while for this location to be available to us, but as soon as it was vacant, we took as much time as possible to work with what we had. We spent around two to three hours filming in the auditorium. My mom, Mrs. Roca, helped us make this happen after school hours. We used the wheelchair as well, which was really helpful in portraying our character. 

        We did struggle at first to figure out how to use certain things in the auditorium such as the lighting, projector, and equipment. First off, we wanted to make the room dark but it took us a while to figure out lighting and even try to find out where the lighting panels were located, but eventually got the hang of it. Then the projector was not enlarging as much as we wanted to and the screen kept turning off so that was another issue that was resolved by having Hannah stand by the laptop and projector, making sure things were running smoothly. Below are some pictures of us struggling and attempting to figure out how things work around the auditorium. 


We also ran into some issues with sound from the chosen film that we wanted to project on screen.  For some reason, the film was playing just fine on screen, but the sound was not audible so when we begin working on editing the project, we have to include the dialogue from a specific part of the film a match it up with the scene. We tried numerous amount of tries to fix this when we had the chance but we knew that we still had a lot of footage to capture for the project so we did not want to waste any more time. 


Getting to work

After most of the technical issues were resolved, we began developing our storyline. When looking at our storyboard, we realized that we were missing a key component which was the father and the brother figure. This was very important to me and I explained to Hannah that using a dad and brother would really capture the essence of the girl and her life.  Hannah told me that we couldn't be focused on that since not many people have time to be in our project and it would be very times consuming to spend time asking others to be in our film.  It honestly took a lot for me to see eye-to-eye with what she was saying but I knew that this conflict would not be solidified and that Hannah's mind was already made up so I had to surrender my brilliant idea, sadly.  

We just began with clips of me (Stella) being completely intrigued by the film. I had to really spend some time putting my acting cap on and focus. When I tell ya'll it was so hard not to laugh, I mean it. I kept telling Hannah to look away because I knew that I wouldn't be able to keep my composure, but she kept doing it anyways to mess with me.  We needed scenes of me crying but it was so hard to do that since I couldn't think of anything sad since we just kept making jokes about how trash my acting is. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR creations