Friday, March 24, 2023

Editing journey

 

                                                        Editing Journey 

Yolo queens! Wow, Hannah and I have not gotten a break from all this yet! After hours and hours of editing in Hannah's room AND mine, we finally finished our film opening.  This was probably the most time-consuming part of the whole project, but I think that using CapCut, it was much easier and faster that way.  For me, editing has never been one of my strongest skills. I am good at developing an idea, acting, filming, creating the set design, and thinking about costume design.  After discussing it, Hannah openly told me that she knew how to edit and was actually good at it. So we got right to work after filming everything we needed to.  Hannah and I spent about eight hours working and playing around with CapCut, in other words, Hannah did most of the editing while I was next to her for moral support since every time I tried to edit, I would screw something up. 


The very first thing Hannah and I did was take all the footage and insert it into the editing platform. We wanted to cut any unnecessary footage that didn't work out or was useless. We thought it was better to have an excessive amount of time than less so that all we had to do was cut down on numerous clips. I actually made an album with my phone with every piece of content we created because, more most of it, it we used my phone as the main source of filming tool. Below is the album of all footage and content created by yours truly. 



After everything, all clips and audio were in order, and we added the credits and title to the project. Hannah and I included all information wherever we needed to, including at the beginning of our fake film. When it came down to choosing a font and animations, Hannah admitted that she wasn't good at that stuff, so she told me that I should be the one to do so, considering the fact that I'm a student government kid and I live for that stuff haha. Anyways, that part was actually fun to do as I had to choose a title and font and font color that represented our film expressively. 

I knew from the beginning of the brainstorming process that the title of the film opening should be "Stella." The name itself means "star," and that is who she is. Originally,  Hannah was not very on board with the title option but eventually agreed to it the more I explained why we should incorporate this as the title. After creating the title and playing around with the options, the final product looked so good. Check it out below!


Honestly, I think I slayed that!

Also, yall must be thinking, "girl, what happened to the audio?" Wellll, Hannah I was not going to incorporate music into it because we did not want the response from the company to be super late. So we found a website that would offer copyright-free music. We played several tracks until we found one that fit the "vibe" of the film opening. 


Now that Hannah and I finished editing the video itself, it's time to work on my CCR! I will be discussing this in my next blog so tuned hotties!







No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR creations